A little bit about B&R
Over a 60-year span, B&R has built a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of enclosures. Everything we have learned in that time, we've poured into our products and relationships.
As an independent, Australian-owned business, B&R champions the virtues of quality, service and value. Combined with our unrivalled industry and application knowledge, we are in a unique position to meet the needs of our clients.
The company encompasses four divisions: B&R Industrial, B&R Data ICT, B&R Hazardous Areas and B&R Residential Commercial. Each division has a focus on unique needs of different market segments. Together these divisions share the strengths, resources and experience of the founding company to provide attentive customer service, innovative design and superior quality products at a competitive price.
Quality is assured with B&R’s certification to AS/NZS ISO9001:2000. We have also won the National Gold Award for Quality for a large business. B&R is also accredited by the Australian Stainless Steel Association as a superior producer of stainless steel products, working to industry best practice.
Our occupational health and safety management system is certified to AS/NZS 4801:2001.
At B&R we are justifiably proud of our products, and we strive to ensure that you have what you need, when you need them. We have a network of offices and distributors throughout Australia. Wherever you are, you will be able to buy B&R products nearby. If you need more information on the location of your closest reseller, call or contact us for directions.
Certification & Accreditations
B&R is certified and accredited to the following standards: -
- ISO 9001:2008. Quality system helps ensure consistent product and traceability.
- AS/NZS 4801:2001. OH&S system protects our work force from dangers of working with sheet metal.
- ASSDA accreditation - Ensures stainless steel products are manufactured to recommended standards
- Lloyds certification
- NATA tested products - independently tested IP ratings
- CE marked - suitable for European markets
Key dates in the history of B&R are as follows: -
- 1955 - B&R founded
- 1990 - Formation of Industrial Enclosures Division
- 1994 - Joint venture with Hager to form Hager B&R
- 2002 - Move to new premises in Brisbane to increase capacity
- 2005 - Formation of B&R Data Systems
- 2005 - Extension of Heathwood premises completed
- 2009 - Release of iLINQ, B&R’s bayable enclosure system solution
- 2009 - Formation of B&R Ex Systems
- 2013 - Rebranding of B&R, consolidating all divisions to offer a unified vision for the future
Brisbane plant - 18441m² with 2 automated, robotic punching and bending machines, robotic gasket application machinery and more.
Adelaide plant - 8300m² with automated punching and bending machine and more.